Georgia Daniel Scholarship for Suzuki Institutes
Suzuki Institutes are like a week-long Gasshuku! Those who have attended SEMSA’s Gasshuku workshop in the past can tell you how much fun they are. The institutes are patterned after Dr. Shinichi Suzuki’s summer school in Japan. Teachers, students and parents participate in music instruction, parent talks, motivation and enjoyment. SEMSA offers the Georgia Daniels' scholarship for families who are first time Suzuki Institute attendees.
The Georgia Daniels' Suzuki Scholarship is offered by SEMSA to help introduce families to Institute. As such, the scholarship is not tied to financial need, is restricted to a one-time award per family, and is only available the first time any family member attends Institute. Applications are due by June 1st of the year attending the summer institute.
The process is simple and documented here, but feel free to talk to your SEMSA teacher about it as well:
- Your family must be SEMSA members in good standing
- Complete the Georgia_Daniel_Scholarship_for_Institute_Application.pdf form and submit it to the contact on the form by June 1st.
- Register and attend a Suzuki Summer Institute
- After attending a Summer Institute, provide the following to SEMSA:
- Proof of registration, payment, and attendance
- A short article to be published in the SEMSA Newsletter
- The SEMSA Treasurer will mail a $100 check to the scholarship applicants who have met the requirements above